Due to the holiday weekend, there will be no event on Friday 5/26/2017.
Quick announcement that we will again combine the November and December MEMUG meetings. The 2016 winter holiday MEMUG will be held on December 9th, from 3-6 PM. Stay tuned for more details on that session.
Friday June 24th, 3:00pm – 5:00pm MST
Import note: “temporary” location change to the Catapult Systems office (address info at bottom)
This month’s group is being sponsored and presented by Shavlik! Not only is Shavlik sponsoring the food, there will also be a raffle for a fantastic Bose SoundLink Mini!!
The session’s focus and agenda will include:
- Improving and securing devices, networks and data through enhanced patch management with SCCM
- Addressing the struggles of many IT organizations to measure and communicate metrics around their security posture thorough SCCM
Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center adds non-Microsoft third-party patch to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to maximize your investment and to reduce risks from unpatched third-party applications.
Location: Catapult Systems office in the Denver Tech Center
5299 DTC Blvd (Suite 650), Greenwood Village, CO 80111
The annual MEMUG holiday session is scheduled for Friday, December 11th. This event will replace the meetings for both November and December. More details to follow in a few weeks.
Friday October 23rd, 3:00pm – 5:00pm MST
Senior Premier Field Engineer Justin Chalfant will review Microsoft best practices for creating reference images for use with MDT or Configuration Manager. We will review why MDT 2013 Update 1 is typically recommended by Microsoft for creating reference images with many points from this whitepaper: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn818437.aspx.
Topics covered will include:
- Setting up MDT 2013 Update 1 deployment share
- Review deployment share folder structure
- Changing the CustomSettings.ini (Rules) to be tailored for build and capturing instead of deploying images
- Adding the install.wim for Windows 10 ISO into MDT 2013 Update 1
- Creating a build and capture task sequence for Windows 10
- Adding a pause step to make default user customizations
- Enabling Windows update steps
- Installing applications
- Whether to use Microsoft Updates or WSUS to install updates on your capture VM
- Setting up WSUS to decline superseded updates to reduce the amount of update content downloaded
- Setting up WSUS to automatically download any new updates for future months
- Creating boot media for running your MDT build and capture
- Running build and capture task sequence on client Hyper-V virtual machine
Microsoft Office in the Denver Tech Center
7595 Technology Way, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80237
For the June 2015 MEMUG session (on Friday 6/26), Wally Mead of Cireson will be presenting on Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager vNext in addition to other related ConfigMgr topics. In advance, we need an approximate estimate number of attendees for planning purposes. Please complete the vote below by May 31st.
A replay is available for download for the May 2015 session of MEMUG. Justin Chalfant (PFE for Microsoft) did a presentation and demonstration on Windows 10 in-place upgrades and MDT 2013 UDI.